Monday, March 16, 2009

It's Jewish Identity Class-- how boring

I only was able to teach in Ar'ara, not Barta'a. They dropped us off at the 7th/8th grade building and walked us up the hill to the 9th grade. My kids were about 15 years of age. I walked in, introduced myself in Arabic, and I started speaking with them in English. There were between 35-40 kids in the class, and their English was on a very basic level, but I was very excited to have the chance to talk with "real" people, as horrible as that sounds. I've been missing out on the opportunity to talk with Arabic-speakers in casual situations lately.

Purim Friday was great. Everybody and their mother, father, grandfathers and grandmothers were drunk off their asses, to put it frankly.

Givat Haviva tour today:
1. Holocaust memorial building; focuses on the importance of the people hurt who are NOT Jews
2. Art Center
3. Met with the heads--HaGuy and Dudu
4. Peace library
5. Heder Okhel, talked with the soldiers in Hebrew :))))

Summer options:
1. Work in the Catering Biz
2. Volunteer with Magen David
3. Marva--8 weeks in army training... hmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment