Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Jerusalem

As a slightly sappy anecdote of this past weekend, I forgot to mention my time with Eric! It was amazing, terrific, wonderful, thrilling, brilliant, relaxing and fun. Probably could fit another few thousand words in their like "eating eating sleeping eating tv lots and lots of rain"-- but I won't.

Probably the most pacifistic, indie, Colorado moment I had happened while I was waiting for Eric and parents to pick me up. I climbed up the side of the hill with my two shopping bags and purse-- this was more bouldering, less climbing-- laid my jacket out on the ground, took out my book, and watched the sun sink further down and lower in the sky while being hugged by the valley walls, the eyes of the houses gazing out overhead. It was very peaceful; the hills surrounded me, the traffic was far below, the pedestrians were nowhere to be found because not everyone has tough skin like me.

The other amazing moment I'll just mention is when Eric and I were talking, we climbed out the window and onto the balcony (there's no direct access) and sat there chatting and watching the world go by until our feet got too cold to take it.

Some pleasant memories to keep the day =)

No comments:

Post a Comment