Thursday, December 18, 2008

12 17 08

I apologize in advance for the random, scattered ideas all over this entry--it's 2 in the morning and I was tired at 8. Beddy-bye.

One quick comment about having free unlimited free time during a break-- you watch way too many movies. Or at least I do. When I woke up this morning, I finished watching the new House... surfthechannel hadn't let me finish it the night before, so i had to, you see? Not my fault... Then the following movies happened: 

The Last Samurai--my sensei spoke about this movie; we all agreed we don't like Tom Cruise, however he was quite the success in this feature film. Good acting, but most of all the director was so freaking detailed oriented it was great. The position you see the characters sitting in throughout the movie is called Seiza, the kneeling position. The art of seiza is very precise; there must be a certain width between the knees, the right toe must be over the left toe, etc etc. So that flick gets major bonus points in my book. Plus, I dig the character transformation.

Holiday Inn (need to finish!!!)--watched it with my mom when we were both out of it and wanted to take naps. Old black and white flick starring Bing Crosby and Fred Astair. Little known fact: this is where the song White Christmas comes from! I was dancing with the characters while they were spinning around the floor, too. And I'm not afraid to admit it. Online. Where no one can see me. Heh.

Cadillac Records (you must see!!!)-- Got very angry when traffic turned up so we missed our originally intended movie (Boy in the Striped Pajamas) [separate question: how do you pronounce pajamas?]... and ended up at the little-used/known theatre that basically sells high-end women's clothing and has a movie theatre. It doesn't do so well as far as business goes... Bummer. Anyway, off topic.. so, saw Cadillac Records. Started off with just my mom and me in the entire theatre for the first ten minutes and then three more people showed up. It was great. We were talking through the entire thing too, my mom pointing out this guy and that guy she saw in concert at MIT. Oh, back in the day.... Really do recommend this movie. You won't be able to listen to anything but BLUES for a week. 

Came home and made beef fried rice for my brother... 'twas delicious. My older brother makes it better, but then again, he's a natural chef.

Flashlight tag didn't happen, sadly. Although we did wander my property in the cold weather. They're such babies. It wasn't that cold out. There was no wind. 

Charles freaks out about how awesome 3-way conversations are, because he likes to dominate...

So, one thing I would say comes up a lot when people go abroad to other countries is the dating scene. How legit is it to date someone, feel affectionate towards someone, grow easy with someone, and then up and leave them? Is that fair? I think it comes down to a basic question of, If you're not in it for love or future, what are you in it for? And that's not only about going abroad, or going away to college, but in general..

My life is an adventure. It will be an adventure. I will make sure of it. And along those lines, I'm sure there will be many people who move in-and out-of my life. But I can say this honestly and truly, that the best part of my adventures will be the people within it. And that is already proved. Done and done. 

Usually I rarely take the time to.. welll.. be friends with someone before jumping in canon-ball style. Oh, I get to know them. But getting to know someone is completely different from befriending them. Traveling around like I plan to do til the end of days makes it real difficult to maintain solid relations of any sort. So, for those who do stick it out, I'm much appreciative of it.

1 comment:

  1. So appreciative that you don't even mention that I came over?!?

    It was damn good fried rice. I expect dinner tonight to be amazing.

    I plan on dating people in England. As in, Mr. Darcy. Duh.

    ReplyDelete