Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Tv shows! Stella's. Accepted!

If you missed out on Chuck, Heroes, or Prison Break this week, don't sweat it. They were realistic and serious, overdoing the same old plot lines, or just plain cheesy and unoriginal. Of course there were highlights, but I like to think that the best episodes for a show set that shows standards.. and they did not live up to my expectations in the least.

Stella's is a GREAT coffee shop on Pearl Street in the Denver area. The barista pulled off the stereotypical no-nonsense, indie-licious, pessimistic, optimistic, lively, introverted personality that we've come to expect from our average coffee shop hosts these days. Plus, there was a guy playing a guitar and a guy playing his harmonica jamming out right next to me. He had a giant box of every harmonica you've ever seen. Fantastic. Also, made a new friend. Hope he writes to me in Israel--had a lot of funny things to say about life. Rarely do I find a good conversationalist, contrary to my pick-up rates, and I have to say--I may be at the point in my life where I pick the good conversation over... uh... other attributes.

I really dig Accepted. I know, I know, it is a terribly cheesy, unrealistic, unattainable, laughable, immature, childish plot line, but it is you who this movie should speak to more than me. I feel that way about our educational academic institutions, and I am proud to say I have taken a step in my life where I am finally getting a chance to study what I want, rather than what the world tells me I want. Although, at the same time, I want to study everything, and do everything... but I'm grateful to be getting out of the system, even if it's only for 6 months. 

Now, talk to me in six months, and we'll see where I'm at.....

1 comment:

  1. I also feel very amused by "I may be at the point in my life"...as if you're middle-aged...sorry, kid, you aren't there yet. And good conversation is one of the best qualities you can find in anyone. Yay.

    ReplyDelete