Saturday, December 20, 2008

between the 20th and 21st

I know that once I start this entry it'll be the 20th, and by the time I finish, it'll be the 21st. I may be a fast typer, but I am not the chief of organizing my thoughts. Organizing, yes. I can do that. For other people. But for me, I am not one to know my own mind. Or, knowing my own mind, admit it to myself.

So, here I sit, on this way comfy chair with two way-comfy blankets, until 6:30 in the morning, or whenever it is that the next set comes in. I cannot believe people get paid for this! Relaxing in this chair, getting up whenever something needs to be responded to... which can be discovered via shouting... I am made for this job. If only I could do this for someone not in my family......

Made a delicious shabbos dinner last night. Well, it was supposed to be delicious. We made TUSCAN CHICKEN for the main course, except we had a few problems-- we doubled everything, but instead of using dry white wine used brandy. Moooommmm.. and used dried rosemary instead of fresh and overestimated the amount we would need. It was terribly strong. But, what we discovered was the potential for a scrumptious dish. Also, we made my sweet potato thing. Definitely need to be eaten by teenagers, and fresh out of the oven. Or by Nancy. Nancy made them really good. Cooking is not my forte, but I will keep trying till my dying day. Or at least up to that point. I hope with practice I'll get better. ...and I won't kill too many people in the process.

Went for a beautiful night-walk with Julia, but metal does not do well in cold, and I did not have earmuffs. 

Synagogue this morning; yay Bar Mitzvah boy! A little frightening that I have known you since you were a year or two old; at least, I remember you getting your three-year-old haircut. How adorable. For the lunch, each kid got to choose their favourite food, so we had a fantastic, absolutely delectable meal. Potatoes, GOOD salad, tuna, salmon, mangoes and kiwi on the fruit platter... it was the best. 

Which probably explains why I didn't each lunch with the person I had made arrangements to have lunch with. BUT, in my defense, I still sat with him while he ate and made fun of his meal choices. So there.

Oh! Almost forgot. Nearly my favourite part of today was Havdalah! We were at the Rabbi's house hanging out all afternoon and laughing our pants off, so we decided to stay comfortable and have havdalah there. Unfortunately, it appeared to be a fireless family; instead of feeling the Debbie Freedman moment, I had to be satisfied with a brief summary/synopsis of the whole thing in a few phrases, minus the fire. Disappointing, but I least I got to be with my favourite people.

Bass and I attempted to go to Landmark theatre with my mom. Didn't pull it off, to say the least. Ran into a friend who works there, apparently. Hmmm, free tickets anyone?

Maybe I'll work at Koebel over the summer. I'd be a good librarian!!

1 comment:

  1. I loved our night-walk! Even though I said I was feeling vaguely sad. It was still lovely. Can we go again?

    Let's go to cooking school?....

    ReplyDelete