Sunday, January 11, 2009

Ashdod

It is Monday today... I think... the days are flowing together more than I would like, but at least now I have a camera. Pictures will be uploaded once I get back to my kibbutz--I wanted to travel light, so I have enough close for a few days, my teeth-kit, and the camera. Yay.

So, I have missed two major smile moments while I was at Nitzan's place:

Saturday we went to yad2.co.il (i think that's the site? yad=hand, 2=2, so secondhand... cute, eh?) and we checked and then refreshed the page and there was this... camera! 900 shek, really really nice, and they lived 20 minutes away! It was shabbos, but we called and went anyway, and it was beautiful. It kind of looked like a drug deal going down. The kid looked 5 years old (more like 15, but young...), but it was fully functional, basically brand new. Very nice indeed. Ps bought with my own money.

From there, we continued on our shabbat adventure to Aboulafiyah in Yafo of Tel Aviv. I love Aboulafiyah, let me tell you now. They have very delicious food, some of the best I have had, so you can be assured I took a thousand pictures of everything we ate. Actually, we ate at the place called Aboulafiyah across the street from the place I know as Aboulafiyah, but it was all delicious--just more of a meal quality than a dessert-like quality.

We watched 3 episodes of 24 (I am now addicted...oyy....) and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. My vote: watch it. Good movie!

Yesterday (Sunday) we woke up early, packed up all my stuff, and took off for the Magen David blood donation center. Nitzan had her three yellow cards, I had my one card, but I passed! Unfortunately, Nitzan did not have high enough iron, so it was up to me to be weak and feable. I got free coffee... ;)

Out to the train station, up to Binyamina on the express to Haifa, where Deerector picked me up. He shall now be called Deerector for the duration of this blog. He's way too cool. And hilarious. And speaks about 5 different languages.

One of the girls showed up while I was there; she's 17 and speaks 8/9 different languages. She is going to get another two under her belt while she is here... whoa. However, she is not stuck up at all and I believe she really loves to learn. And she loves books. Basically like a Julia, except she's a young(er) genius. I think (hope) we'll really like each other. She's pretty cool.

Spent the afternoon chilling with the Deerector and the girl and her dad, then took the train from Herziliya down to Ashdod.

And here I am! Watching Israeli kids tv shows with the smaller of my cousins. I love being with the fam... but I think I'm going to head up later today or early tomorrow. Who knows....

2 comments:

  1. love!
    I'm doing a "Commentary! The Musical" night tomorrow at Idan's, you should definitely come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But I AM Julia and I'm kind of stuck up....

    I want to donate blood...I also want to go see Curious Case of Benjamin Button...but I'm not sure how to find those sorts of things here. I guess Google could tell me, but that's intimidating.

    ReplyDelete