Monday, January 26, 2009

Feels like permanent shabbaton!

For those Jews out there in reader-land, I have to say: it feels like we are on a permanent shabbaton. When Adina and I are finally called into the other room to join in the sing-song-i-ness of it all, it's "Hinei Ma Tov" of course... I love that song. But it's so Jewish. And the first song we learned was "Shalom Chaverim". Of course. 

I literally could not get out of bed this morning. Adina had to jar me out of my semi-slumber. It was hazardous. I had my first alarm going off at 7:25, and I changed it 7 times before 8:50, when I woke up with 10 minutes to get ready for class.

Lunch!

Got a key to the English library, does not have an enormous amount of practical books for our use, but there are plenty of fiction-readings left by Kibbutzniks over the years. Also got contact solution. Must find out if you are allowed to ride ofnayim (bikes) on the road, but even so it is not quite so safe around here because the main roads are highway 65 and 6. 

On my run tonight I could have sworn the squeaky sounds I heard were from the bats around the Kibbutz. They were pretty cool; I could see something flying in the night, and I'm pretty sure there are no pigeons flying around in the pitch-black of night looking for food.

Aaaah. My back just cracked 150000 times. It sounded disgusting. Yeah, I said so. Love it. 

I can smell the toast from downstairs. It's delicious. But I'm not hungry. 

I was supposed to go see Tal and the big cows today at lunch, but I had to go buy contact solution so I could see. I was sooo happy to be able to see while I ran that I scared my roommate when I ran and hugged her yelling, "I can see! I can see again!"... but it was a great run, so very much worth it. 

Tal has really great reading taste. He's read relatively the same sci-fi books that I have, but in Hebrew.. and I'm going to get some more from the public library! I didn't realize there was one around here, but Israelis love to read so it makes sense. 

I want to go see this: http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1058766.html

1 comment:

  1. COMMENT!

    At least you get up when your alarm clock goes off. Sometimes I don't get up at all. And I miss class. Yay!

    Oh, and the Chinese guy likes Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

    ReplyDelete